Join us for an evening of conversation and storytelling on how personal empowerment and self-care can lead to positive social change with Glennon Doyle, Abby Wambach, Brittany Packnett, Elaine Welteroth, Barb Schmidt, Michelle Maros, and other surprise guest speakers.
Community Engagement Fair at 5:30 PM: Non-profit organizations will table for their causes outside the Carole and Barry Kaye Auditorium. Come early to learn about what’s going on in your community, and ways you can get involved.
meet-and-greet opportunities available. For more
information please contact Liz Gilbert at firstname.lastname@example.org
The program will begin at 6:30pm.
About the speakers and panelists:
- Abby Wambach is a two-time Olympic gold medalist who competed on the United States Women’s National Soccer Team. She is also a New York Times best-selling author who was named one of Time Magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world in 2015. Her book WOLFPACK comes out in April.
- Glennon Doyle is the New York Times bestselling author of Love Warrior, an Oprah’s book club pick (2016) and the founder of Together Rising, a nonprofit that has raised close to 16 Million Dollars for women and families in crisis.
- Brittany Packnett is an educator, organizer, writer, and speaker who serves as Teach For America’s Vice President of National Community Alliances and recently completed a fellowship at Harvard’s Institute of Politics.
- Elaine Welteroth, is an award-winning journalist, author, and the former
Editor-in-Chief of Teen Vogue. Throughout her magazine career, Elaine broke new
ground as the youngest person and the second African-American to hold this
title in Condé Nast’s 107-year history.
- Barb Schmidt is a meditation teacher, co-founder of the nonprofit Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life, and author of the internationally best-selling book The Practice: Simple Tools for Managing Stress, Finding Inner Peace & Uncovering Happiness.
- Michelle Maros is a writer and speaker who leads workshops on mindfulness, meditation, and personal empowerment at Boca Raton Regional Hospital, Florida Atlantic University and is a co-founder of Peaceful Mind Peaceful Life.
$60, or $100 purchased tickets receive a copy of Abby’s new book, WOLFPACK at
the event; must present ticket at the door to receive.*